Pneumatic Pipeline Plugs for Maintenance
Pneumatic pipeline plugs are used to stop water flow, for water diversion, and to allow pipeline testing, leak location and maintenance. Other uses include blocking the ends of pipe during the construction process so that dirt or other debris can’t enter the pipe. This trenchless method allows for the maintenance and testing of non-pressurized gravity pipelines. Shenandoah’s technicians are the leaders in the use of this technology. We offer for sale or rental a wide variety of sizes to accommodate a variety of applications from 4” to 96”. Since 1976 Shenandoah has been assisting municipalities, and utility companies throughout the state of Florida and beyond in the maintenance of their pipeline and sanitary sewer systems. So, if the job calls for pneumatic pipeline plugs, call or contact Shenandoah and let us help you complete your pipeline project.
When the job calls for pipeline stoppage, pipe flow diversion, or pipeline testing and leak location, pneumatic plugs are often the solution.
Some of the applications which involve the use of pneumatic plugs:
- Blocking pipes to reduce the entry of toxic gasses into a work area
- Diverting flow around a work area
- Isolating flow in a line with one or more incoming laterals
- Stopping the flow in a pipeline to allow for pipeline maintenance or repairs
- Stopping flow to allow for a section of pipe to be assessed for water infiltration
- The prevention of ocean or river water entering an outfall to control unwanted flooding
Our Inspection, Restoration, and Maintenance, (IRM) Program has helped maximize the performance of our customers sanitary and stormwater systems for over 45 years.